Click play for audio of history:
1721 Lakeshore Drive.Little Flower Villa, circa 1835, was built without the wraparound galleries. The ‘brick between posts’ Creole Cottage was once part of a large farm spreading over the square. On the National Register of Historic Places, this cottage once served as a retreat house (1943) for the Society of the Redemptorists. They bestowed the name "Little Flower” to honor Carmelite nun St. Therese of Lisieux.