Click play for audio of history:
2726 Lakeshore Drive. Morel-Nott/Hanisee House, circa 1820’s.This Creole Cottage, on the National Register of Historic Places, predates the founding of Mandeville. The home was moved from its original location on the lakefront between Foy and Lamarque Streets in 1965 to save it from demolition. Its footprint is clearly visible on Mandeville’s first map by Louis Bringier in 1834.