- Our population is 12,500
- Land mass: 7 square miles
- We have residential frontage along the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain, marinas along the eastern boundary on Bayou Castine and a Fishing Pier over the lake in Sunset Point.
- We have been named in Relocate America as one of the Top 100 Places to live with cool lake summer breezes and a perfect environment to raise a family.
- We were founded by New Orleanean French gentleman Bernard deMandeville, who in the early 1800s became the richest teenager in the US upon the death of his father.
- Like New Orleans, we have deep music roots in jazz heard at the historic Dew Drop, where concert events still occur.
- Our Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Bridge Spans 24 miles and is the longest bridge over water in the world connecting Mandeville to New Orleans.
- Mandeville is known for its spectacular sunrises and sunsets, filling the skies with vivid color every season of the year.
- We are very much a friendly French architectural town still maintaining its Magna Villa (big farm) origin.